Saturday, May 14, 2011

SP2010 Business Intelligence Solutions review

Today its not about a scenario :). Its about my latest read.

book

Extremely well written, highly exhaustive, and very much in detailed. I started reading it and couldn't resist finishing.

Here's what I really liked about the book

#1: Book's layout:

One of the best! Each chapter provides information on how to setup a service/feature and then talk about how to best use it.

As BI features are mostly new in SP2010, this was a great help.

#2: Best Practice / Other examples:

At various stages author has given pointers about best practice / other possible uses and is certainly helpful as it's like food for thought.

I was able to use it in my projects bases on ideas listed in book.

#3: Authors:

This book is from Sahil Malik / Srini Sistla / Steve Wright. These guys are extremely well known for their command in SharePoint space.

As all of them are very know speakers, I found language used in the book easy to understand and digest right away.

#4: Code Bits:

This helped me a lot as I was able to try all the examples in parallel without copying lines from the book.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who was explore the width-height-breadth of BI features in SharePoint.


Amazon

0 comments: