Thursday, April 28, 2011

SharePoint Designer Workflow publish error

Scenario:
I was working on a small POC Workflow but as there were new ideas I keep adding more steps to my workflow.

Workflow was saving fine and was not getting any error when I do error validation
but All of sudden started getting below error when Publishing my WF.

Error were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run.

Advanced: Unexpected error on server associating the workflow


wferror

Possible Reason(s):
As I was not getting any error while error validation using SPD, I realized its something to do with SPD --> Web Application communication.

Another thing I noticed that I was able to publish small Workflow but I was getting error on only big once. So I guess it was request size / timeout related issue.

Solution:
Increase the web application execution time

Steps:
1. Navigate to web.config file of the WebApplication
Usually its @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\xxxx\web.config

2. Look for this

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="51200" />
3. Replace with
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="51200" executionTimeout="300" />
That's all

2 comments:

Lostcity July 22, 2011 at 5:04 PM  

GREATE GREATE THANKS a Lot

HaroldPGray March 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM  

THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU ....

After days of trying to deal with this ... a solution!!!!