Friday, April 3, 2009

Office Server Search and Excel service missing

Scenario:
While installing new MOSS server , I found some of the services missing. After checking all the components, I found out the cause.

Reason:
It was my mistake. I choose Web-Front End option and not Complete install.

Take away:
Office SharePoint Server Search service missing : This can be because of more than one reasons
a. You might have installed only WSS
b. Web Front end option installed, use Complete install.

Excel Calculation Service missing : This can be because of more than one reasonsa. You might have installed only WSS
b. Web Front end option installed, use Complete install.
c. You have installed MOSS Standard edition , its only available with Enterprise version

Article
Similar post

2 comments:

Anonymous,  June 8, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

Thanks! This helped us.

Narendra B K,  January 21, 2010 at 4:58 AM  

I have some thing similar to share.
I was searching in wfe server for the particular services and could not find it as it was there in the app server.
Narendra